February 8, 2012

"Kami-Con: Season Four"



People down south are SO NICE.
Kami-Con's staff made me feel so wanted and welcome,
and everyone's Southern accents were darling.


After a hotel room mishap
{we were given LittleKuriboh's keys}
Erin, Liz, and I sallied forth to our first-ever anime convention.


I was wide-eyed to see all the various costumes in which people came.
This here's Miss Ariel & a blonde Sora from Kingdom Hearts.


Of course, we brought our own cosplays.
{Erin is Prussia from Hetalia & Liz is Chun Li from Street Fighter.}


Kami-Con's cute mascot, Shio.


And her sister, Kosho.


My nerves for being at an anime convention seemed to outweigh
my nerves for performing live.
{I would bite my fingernails until a mic was in my hand.}
This is a con-goer's snapshot of the end of Opening Ceremonies.


Our P.A. Will Crosswhite.
He helped the magic happen. {Thanks, Will!}


Erin {as Prussia}
with another Hetalian -- Russia!


Another Disney princess sighting -- Tiana!


Though it was sad LittleKuriboh and I weren't able to duet this Con,
I was still way stoked to see him in person. o(*゚▽゚*)o
{Next time, maybe I'll talk to him.}


More Hetalians!
Southern Italy, England, America, and our lovely Prussia~


We wound up being fast friends with England and America
{thanks to Erin -- whoops, I mean Prussia}.
I even whipped out Celestia's masterpiece -- Hungary's traditional costume
and played along with the rest of the Hetalians.


Yee -- no England/America or Prussia/Hungary love, please!


More snaps of the Prussia/Hungary goodness.
{In the show, they're portrayed as childhood rivals.}


Celestia really did an incredible job on my costume.


I'll be wearing it to another Con,
up in Salt Lake City,
to continue to promote her craftsmanship.


Here is the Nostalgia Critic
with Will's horse mask.
{Fun times in the special guests' green room.}


More cosplaying goodness!
Spotted a Toph & Fire Nation Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender.


OH, AND.
I met the voice of my childhood: Eric Stuart.
{He voiced characters in Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh!}
Note to everyone: befriending your childhood gives you amazing feelings.


Liz seriously rocked her Chun Li costume.
Girl's got kicks.


Bryan Howard,
the man who started my whole involvement with Kami-Con.
{I will forever be grateful to him.}




Fun little story:
We were standing in line, waiting to get into the rave with everyone else,
when a Kami-Con staffer sauntered by, stopped, and tugged at my sleeve.



"Come with me," said he.
And just like that, we got into the rave.
{It's fun pretending to be a celebrity, guys.}


More Hetalians!
{I can't believe how many people know this show.}
I spy another Russia, a Lithuania, and Poland, I believe...


This cute girl was ever-so considerate and cheerful,
and helped me soften up to the Con better.


A darling little Kairi from Kingdom Hearts!


An Ishizu from Yu-Gi-Oh!


A Riku from Kingdom Hearts!


A Shura from Ao no Exorcist!


Liz found a well-garbed Red Ranger.


And an Ichigo and Orihime from Bleach!


She also spotted an R2-D2.


Good find, Rizu!


This Nurse Joy picked the perfect role.
She offered us her hair spray, when we forgot ours,
and she came to my concert and sang along. The sweetheart. (ノ´▽`)ノ♪



Okay, see how you can't really see me?
I don't have good {or any} pictures of my performances.
BUT! They were filmed, by Erin and the Con.
Once I have them in my virtual hands, I will post them, promise~
Kami-Con was absolutely incredible, and I'm so happy I got to go!
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆


{♪ "Pop Culture" mixed by Madeon}

4 comments:

  1. What fun! Makes me wish I was young again and as adventurous and talented as you!!XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I.

    LOVE.

    IT.

    !!!!!!!


    ahh, can we go back pleeeeaaase??

    and i just have to say, i LOVE the way morgan is looking at me in that picture from the rave. haha!! she looks a little scared! and rightly so! :D

    love you!!! love, me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, you met Eric Stuart!, so jealous of you Ashley!, hehe I love his work also he's a fantastic singer too.

    Incredibly tempted to commission one of his songs now ^_~

    Glad to see you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mwahaha! So much cosplaying goodness. I can't wait to do more, see more, and participate in more cons! (They make me feel normal. lol.)

    Oh, and the friends we made! Eep! I love them, they're all so darling ~

    Thanks for letting me tag along, Lizi-bee. My con virginity is forever yours. >D Ich liebe dich!

    ReplyDelete